11 October 2014

Maybe we should just stay here. No, wait. That's not why we're doing this.

Sure, it would have been nice to be in Florida... but it's more important to get the house ready to list so we can buy the new house. Eyes on the prize. That's my mantra these days.

I worked nonstop yesterday from about 8:30 until after 5:00. Literally, no stopping. Tasky, tasky, tasky, tasky. I was flying from one task to the next so quickly that I didn't always have my thinking cap on, which resulted in some backtracking. I got all the way to the storage place and as I pulled up to our unit I realized that the KEY to said unit was sitting on the counter at the house. Ooops. Well, now I know *exactly* how to get there... I was a little unsure as the day started.

Also - I might be to the point now where I'm a little *too* obsessed with all of this. I finished the kitchen (above) and then I decided that we needed a different coffee maker - one that matched everything else. Hence:

We're a household that takes our coffee seriously.
It's red. Because... RED.
Now we pretty much have to paint the new kitchen red, I guess. Luckily, Ragazz' and I are in agreement on that.

Quick low/no carb update - I'm down 15 pounds since the beginning of the year, and 11 since we started this. It's second nature to me now to check the carbs on items as I'm shopping for groceries. I was longingly wandering down the cereal aisle yesterday... but a couple of quick glances at boxes put all thoughts of Cocoa Puffs out of my head. Do I really want to spend an entire day's allotment on a cup of cereal? Nope.

Of course, we still let ourselves indulge once in a while. It makes those couple of pieces of pizza taste that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.