15 November 2014




















Hey - It's November. That month to be thankful. Also the month for men to not shave, apparently, but that's another post for another day. Also - it occurs to me that we should be thankful EVERY day, not just in November. But I guess a reminder to be thankful never hurt anyone.

I digress.

It's a day to be thankful, so here are some things for which I am thankful.
  1. For our house, which will now BE our house for the foreseeable future, anyway. Until we find another house that we really, truly fall in love with, we can be content to stay here (with a few minor modifications - like storage spaces!).
  2. For good health insurance. I'm so thankful that I can call and make an appointment if I need to be seen for something (today - "Hey, let's have someone take a look at that mole. Think I'll call the appointment center."). I fully realize that not all people have that luxury, and I believe with all my heart that health care is a right - not a privilege. We have to keep working on that.
  3. For our jobs. Ragazz' can work from home. I firmly believe in the mission of my organization (even if you make just slightly over jack-squat working in the non-profit sector). We're both gainfully employed, and able to live in a manner to which we have become accustomed. Even if we can't buy that Bentley or Maserati - we're still pretty happy.
  4. For our friends. Seriously, we have the best group of peeps. They live here and far. Some we've known since kindergarten and some that we just met this year. We've met them on the racetrack, on the interwebs, or at our jobs. There are some I've known only online - and I couldn't be closer to them or love them more if they lived right next door. We're even related to some of them! The coolest thing is - they're OUR friends now. I mostly don't think of people as "his" friends or "my" friends. My dearest wish is to gather all of you up in my house and just have a big love-festival. Well, that sounds a little dirty and woodstock-ish, but you know what I mean.
  5. I'm thankful that Marshall and I found each other. (See how I'm not even calling him "Ragazz'" right now? You can tell this is important!) He is the sweetest man, with the best heart. And right now, he's outside in the 20° garage putting snowtires on my car. THAT is love, right there. We put each other above others and self.  He's my everything, and I realize every day how lucky I am.
  6. For my life. I've lived through some dark, scary times - and come through to the other side (relatively) unscathed. I've learned to never take anyone or anything for granted, and I've learned that every experience - good, bad, whatever - moves you forward and makes you who you are at this very moment. Wear your battle scars like badges of honor... you earned every single one of them.
And NOW - well, it's time for more coffee. I'm thankful for that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.