23 November 2014

Mittens

Winter is really here to stay. Why?
1. I'm gearing up to knit lots of mittens
2. There's a pork loin marinating in the fridge
3. We're both sporting new MukLuks slippers

I can tell that I've had a few days of carbs -  my tummy is not too happy. I get so bloaty and uncomfortable now. Which, I guess, should tell me that I feel better when I'm careful about what I eat. But... but... sometimes you just NEED Benihana. And also poutine.

We did Benihana for early dinner on Friday. Came home and we were both sleeping by 9:30. Well, HE was sleeping by 8:00. We're very dynamic. Also, we were up like crazy people at 5:30 on Saturday morning. The bonus part of that was going to the Uptown Diner at 6:30, getting a parking spot at the front door, and being one of only 3 groups of diners. I often forget how good their breakfasts (and coffee!) are.

Short week coming up. We're celebrating fam Thanksgiving at KB's, and I get to bring the homemade rolls. I've worked on perfecting this recipe for 2-3 years now. They're so doggone good. Note to self: Make extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.