27 November 2014

Thanksgiving Morning

I had an ahhhh HA! moment walking through Macy's on Monday, on my way to a meeting. I saw all kinds of shiny, fancy clothes and thought, "I used to be able to afford all of this. I used to have 2 closets full of this stuff." Life was a lot different 10 years ago. I had a big corporate job, and I was making big corporate money. I used to regularly think, "This is it. I've made it."

BUT.

The corporate girl who had that closet full of clothes? The girl who had about eleventy pairs of shoes, and who got her nails done every week, and could literally buy any thing that she wanted at any time???

She was never as happy as I am right now.

Sure, I don't have two entire closets full of clothes. My nails are a little raggedy, and my favorite boots cost $35 (which I find to be a little much now) and come from Target. And right at this moment, I'm wearing my $15 Hello Kitty pajama bottoms and a ratty old sweatshirt that's I don't know how many years old. But I'm sitting here in OUR kitchen, in the home that my beloved and I have made together. 

I have a guy with whom I am crazy in love, and he loves me right back. I have a job that, while IT is sometimes crazy, is fulfilling and interesting, and I wholly believe in the mission and the work we are doing. I have awesome friends from, literally, around the world. I'm healthy. 

I eat well, I play well, I live well.

THAT is the stuff to be thankful for. Because I know for a true fact that all the shiny, fancy clothes in the world do not make you happy. 

Happy Thanksgiving, peeps! I'm spending the morning in my happiest place, doing the thing I love best for the people I love best.  

Here's a big giant kiss and hug from me. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.