01 December 2014

Birthday cards

Smartest move ever? Take off the Monday AFTER Thanksgiving/Birthday weekend. It eliminates the Sunday night blues, and doing the grocery store run will be that much easier this morning. AND the tree will (probably, finally) go up today.

To recap the action-packed weekend:

Wednesday night: hockey game, which we lost 4-0 and we looked just terrible. Oh, Wild. Sometimes I love you, sometimes you disappoint me. But it was hockey at the X, and half the fun is just being there.

Thursday: got up early(ish), made rolls, did some lazy-type stuff. Picked up mom, then dad, then headed to KB's house. The food was great, there were naps and knitting and the best Uno game ever. It was hard to drop dad off at the nursing home at the end of the day...

Friday: no black Friday shopping for us! Started the multi-phase house decorating project (the banister) and made killer lasagna. Had a couple of the BFFs over and we ate and laughed and sat at the table and visited. Perfect day-after Turkey day.

Saturday: up early to bowl with all the cousins. Our morning was temporarily derailed by a furnace scare at mom's (which, happily, turned out to be nothing), and we joined up with the rest of the group for breakfast/lunch. Oh.. and it was also the REAL birthday day! Then we went to Ruth's Chris and basically ate ourselves into comas. Holy hannah. The food.

Sunday: more house decorating (the windows), and then birthday dinner part 2 at Louis with The Pipe and her Fam. Again... THE FOOD. It was all wholly wonderful and delightful.

Monday: OMG I'm so glad I didn't have to get up at 4:30 and go to work. Smartest idea ever. I have to get to the grocery store and the laundry is piled a little high, but I can do all that today AND get the tree done. And bonus: I get another short week.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world, I tell ya. Every day I'm aware of that, and thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.