07 December 2014

Our Lady of Victory Chapel

I've turned into a once a week blogger now, I guess.

I had big plans to get the whole house decorated on the day after Thanksgiving, but instead it turned into a week long project. It was actually okay to do it that way - less stressful and rushed. Now it's all done: porch, stairway, tree, breakfast nook window, living room. I even got a start on our cards, too.

We went to the Candlelight Christmas Concert at St. Kate's last night. That campus and chapel - they're my happy places. Familiar and unchanging (or, as Marshall said "#consistency"). For the longest time, I didn't "share" my happy place with anyone. Campus was a place just for me (well, and the couple of thousand students who go to school there. heh.). When I wanted an escape from my life and the people in it, I went there. I walked the labyrinth, I sat on the lawn, I cried at the Dewdrop pond. The longer Marshall and I were together, though, the more I knew that I could share that place with him. I love bringing him to campus with me. Last night, sitting in that most favorite chapel with my most favorite person... that was a feeling of utter bliss and contentment.

May our days be merry and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEY! Don't be shy. Please sign your comment.